My Health & Fitness Tips

Tuesday, June 16, 2015


I've been wanting to write this post for a long time, but have been a little hesitant to do so. I have been passionate about health and fitness for a long time and have given several presentations about healthy eating and increased physical activity in schools. The reason I have been hesitant to post about this is because I'm only seventeen, so sometimes I feel funny talking because I think to myself "Why would anyone listen to me about this? Do I even really know what I'm talking about?" However, I think that because it is something I'm so interested in and have worked so hard at for almost my entire life, I can share what I've found to work for me.

1 - Don't Beat Yourself Up: This is such a huge thing for me because I get really down on myself when I haven't exercised in a while or I have been eating really unhealthy. It's so important to keep everything in perspective. I have to remind myself every day that it's okay to have small treats and skip a day or two at the gym.

2 - Moderation: One thing I never ever do is deprive myself. I eat fast food and junk food more than I care to admit, but balancing that out with lots of fruit, vegetables, and other healthy foods is key! If I really want to eat something, I usually eat it. I allow myself 1 small treat pretty much every day. 

3 - Make a Plan & Be Consistent: This is probably what works for me the most. I try to consistently eat a healthy breakfast and a healthy lunch every day and then allow myself my dinner meal to "cheat". I try to get in the gym and workout at least 4 days a week. Make a realistic plan that works for your schedule that you know you can actually stick to and write it down!! 

4 - Do It With Friends: I love making plans with my friends because they all like to workout in different ways so it's a great way to mix up your workouts and try something new. I recently went to 6am spin class with my friend and LOVED it. 

5 - Set Goals: Set small, realistic goals for yourself every single day that you know you'll be able to achieve and also set long term goals that you are going to work to achieve. When I feel like I'm in an unhealthy rut, I usually make it a goal to take one week to get back on track. I know the saying that it takes 21 days to make a habit, but it usually takes me about a week to get back in my routine. If you're feeling stuck, give yourself a week and I promise you'll feel better!!

6 - Drink Water: This is kind of a no brainer, but definitely so important. I try to drink 100 ounces of water every day to feel my best. Take small steps every day to increase your water intake.

I hope you found this post just a little bit helpful. Like I said before, I am in no way, shape, or form a professional or anything like that, but I have done a lot of research and health and fitness is something I am extremely passionate about. Leave me a comment if there is a post you want to see from me in the near future :)

xoxo

1 comment :

  1. OMG Baigin you're my favorite blogger! Please respond to me! I'd love to see a daily get ready with me or a summer morning rountine! OMG OMG OMG I love you!

    ReplyDelete