Back to School Jitters

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Fire

All week I have been trying to sit down and write a new post about typical "blogger" things. I've been planning on sharing some makeup favorites and poolside essentials, all of which I still want to post, but something is a little off this week. Being in a lot of pain post-surgery sure isn't helping me out any, but I'm also feeling a huge lack of inspiration. Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of setbacks that have been getting me down. I know everyone can relate to the feeling of having everything pile up on you all at once. So instead of forcing a post out of myself that I'm really not feeling, I thought I would just get on and write. Normally, I feel a surge of excitement and motivation getting ready for a new school year and for some reason, I just don't feel that way this year. While I'm excited about getting to start college a year from now, I know my apprehension isn't attributed to "senioritis" quite yet. This is the first year in a long time that I feel a legitimate fear about returning back to school. I'm a huge control freak and I like to know exact details about every situation all the time, so all the unknowns about this year are causing me a lot of stress right now. I have to remind myself daily that stress and setbacks are only temporary. I'm trying really hard to enjoy the time I have right now instead of worrying and stressing out about the future because, ultimately, everything is going to work out the way it is supposed to. I know that once I get to feeling better, I'll be feeling more motivated and excited and will have some more fun things to share on my blog. While I am nervous and scared about this new journey that I'm going to be taking this year, I feel really blessed that I have an outlet like this where I can share all of my experiences. Thank you to everyone that takes time out of their day to read what I have to say on here. My main hope in blogging is that I'm able to make an impact on someone's life in even the smallest way. I hope you all have a great week!

xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Hey! You'll get there! Back to school jitters are normal for senior year of high school. Then you start adulthood after it and it can be a bit intimidating. But I know you'll be fine, you seem like a positive individual with a good head on her shoulders. You're smart and very approachable. Keep being optimistic and nothing can go wrong! If you decide to go to UK. Let me know. :)
    -tgkoer13

    ReplyDelete