Thankful


Hey everyone! I'm back after about 6 weeks. I have been kicking it into full gear this semester with school work, cheerleading, college applications, etc etc. The list really goes on and on. I had no idea how much work it really was to be a senior! With that being said, I am having one of the best years ever so far and I'm super optimistic about the future right now.

For my first post back in a (hopefully) routine, I wanted to take a minute and reflect on some things that I am grateful for. After a crazy junior year, I was feeling scared and anxious about what was lying ahead of me. I was in a rough spot trying to find who I thought I was and who I knew I could/can be. One of the scariest feelings in life is feeling like you don't measure up to the standard of what your family, peers, or even you set for yourself. For a long time I felt like I didn't measure up to what I knew I could be, but I didn't know how to get back on track. I waited and waited for something  to change until, one day, I realized that you have to be the change you want to see in your life. You can't sit around and wish that, somehow, everything will turn around in an instant, you have to do something to help yourself. This year, I set out to change that for myself and, so far, I'm on a great path. I am so thankful for my family and friends who have stuck by me through the hardest times in my life and encouraged me to keep pushing and trying. Sometimes the hard work, time, tears, and energy that you put into all of the many aspects in your life seem like it is never going to evolve into anything and you're spinning your wheels for nothing. That is so far from the truth. Hard work and perseverance can help you to achieve almost anything.

I just want to take a minute on my blog to thank each and every one of my friends for all that they do for me. It has taken me a while to find my true friends and where I feel like I really belong and while I don't quite have that all figured out yet, I feel like I am 10 steps ahead of where I once was. I'm so happy about all the people I have in my life and that they are all helping me to grow in a positive direction. I hope that, if you feel stuck or confused about the path that you're on, you have the courage to make a change.

Part of the reason why I stopped posting for a while around January was because I didn't feel confident enough about myself or my life to share about it. It's taken me time and a lot of trial and error to get my confidence back and find who I am. Now, at this point in my life, I'm excited to share what's going on in my life and all of the amazing things that are going to be happening this year. I'm so grateful for all of my best friends and family for helping me to change my life and get back on the path to all of the things I know I can be and do. Have a great week!!

xoxo

1 comment

  1. i love you to the moon and back biggy, so thankful for you and all the wonderful and great things you do for everyone. it was amazing to watch you grow into the beautiful and responsible young lady you have become over the past year. I love you pretty girl <3

    ReplyDelete