Weekly Workout Routine



 Since around December, I've been sticking to a pretty strict workout routine to get ready for my spring break trip to Sanibel (that is this week!!). I thought I would share my routine for a typical week. I like to mix it up each day because I get bored really easily. I made up my own routine in my Notes for abs and arms that I included in this post. I find a lot of my workouts on Pinterest, so I'm planning on doing a post in the near future rounding up my favorites.



Monday // HIIT
My sister and I share a personal trainer and we do a 30 minute HIIT session with him every Monday. Even though it's only 30 minutes, interval training is really challenging! I've learned a lot of different leg/ab workouts from him that I can carry over into my workouts on my own.

Tuesday // Legs + Abs
For my cardio on Tuesdays, I like to get on the treadmill. I'll usually jog at a high incline for a little while, then bring the incline down and sprint, and keep switching off for about 30 minutes. After this, I'll do abs. I find most of these workouts on Pinterest, but some of my go-to workouts are planks, V-ups, Russian twists, and toe touches with a med ball. For legs, I like the leg press and adductor machines and doing different kinds of squats and lunges with a kettlebell. 

Wednesday // Arms + Abs
If I've done the treadmill on Tuesday, I'll usually do a 30 minute interval workout on the arc trainer/elliptical. This is my favorite cardio to do at the gym. I'll do a different ab workout than the day before and then move on to arms. For arms, I usually do the reverse fly, shoulder press, and chest press machines, as well as some kind of workout with dumbbells. 

Thursday // Spin Class or Legs
I found a spin class at my gym that I love going to on Thursday mornings before school. I can't always get myself out of bed at 5AM for this, so if I don't go, I'll do cardio and a different leg workout than what I did on Tuesday after school. I try not to focus on abs everyday, but I like to at least do a few one minute planks and side planks also. 

Friday // Rest Day
Friday isn't always my rest day depending on my schedule for the week, but usually I'll take one or two rest days in between. I plan my workouts around whatever else I have going on and switch it up accordingly.

Saturday // Outdoor Run
Now that it's warmer and nicer outside, I try to do a 4 or 5 mile run outside one or two days a week. If it's extra nice outside during the week, I skip the gym and come home and run. My goal is to run a half marathon in October, so I'm making more of an effort to get on the road. I always tend to run more outside in the spring and summer. My favorite app to track my runs is Nike+ Running.

Sunday // Full Body
I try to get in a long, hard workout on Sundays. I do a few minutes of extra cardio and a little bit of everything. I mainly focus on abs and then do a little bit of legs and arms.

I don't do the same thing every week, but it's really important for me to stick to a routine and be accountable to working out 5-6 days a week. I also try to sit in the sauna and stretch before and after my workouts a couple days a week. Here is a link to my workout playlist on Spotify that keeps me motivated and is always changing! I love to sweat and working out almost every day is like therapy for me! Stay tuned for a post on all my favorite workouts from Pinterest in the near future.

xo

No comments